Sarasota Real Estate
Sarasota real estate offers some of the best choices in the American real estate market, regardless of whether you are looking for an apartment, condominium, single-family home, or land to realize your dreams for the future. Through USALifestyleRealEstate.com, you are guaranteed to find a qualified broker or real estate agent who can help you find a property that is a great real estate investment and matches your lifestyle.
BeachWide, sandy beaches
- 35 miles (56 km) of wide, sandy beaches
- Coastal research expert Dr. Stephen P. Leatherman, also known as “Dr. Beach,” ranked Sarasota’s Siesta Beach as the Best Beach in America in his annual list for 2011.
- Lifeguards are present at some beaches.
- Longboat Key has several resorts and upscale dining. Casey Key is the site of many million-dollar private homes. Blind Pass Beach and Stump Pass Beach are remote.
- Nearby, Venice is a great place to find sharks’ teeth and is the site of a fishing pier and Caspersen Beach, which is the longest beach in the Sarasota area.
Retirement CommunityTop retirement destination
- The Bradenton-Sarasota area is America’s most popular retirement destination, according to a study by Portfolio.com.
- In 2007, Money magazine named Sarasota one of the Best Places to Retire Young.
- Several age-restricted communities, including gated, golf, and country club communities
Arts and EntertainmentCa’ d’Zan Mansion
- A cultural center in Florida, with many theater companies and performing arts venues
- Home to the 53-year-old Sarasota Opera, the Sarasota Ballet, and the Sarasota Orchestra, which is the oldest continuing orchestra in Florida
- Site of the Ringling Circus Museum, the Venetian gothic Ca’ d’Zan Mansion, the Historic Asolo Theater, and the Ringling Museum of Art, which has the world’s largest collection of Peter Paul Rubens canvases
- Vibrant visual arts and gallery scene, and numerous festivals for film, music, and the performing arts
Boating/SailingMyakka River State Park
- Sailing, power boating, cruising
- Myakka River State Park offers paddling, kayaking, and airboat wildlife tours.
- The Sarasota Sailing Squadron hosts charity events and local and international regattas. Venice Sail & Power Squadron offers boating safety classes. Sara Bay Sailing School courses are certified by the American Sailing Association.
- Bicycling, equestrian, fishing/hunting, gambling, golf destination, history, lake, tennis, water sports
- Located on Florida’s southwestern coast on the Gulf of Mexico
- Developed in the 1920s, primarily by Charles Ringling, owner of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus
- Major industries: tourism, finance, health care, and education
- Nearby cities and towns: Sarasota Springs; Bradenton; Venice; Naples; Tampa (1 hour)
|Population||51,917 (688,126 in metropolitan area)|
|Size||26 square miles (67 km2)|
|Climate||Sarasota has hot summers, mild winters, and humidity all year.|
|Nearby Airports with Hub Connections||Sarasota Bradenton International Airport (SRQ): Direct connections include Atlanta (ATL), Boston (BOS), Charlotte (CLT), Detroit (DTW), New York (JFK)
Tampa International Airport (TPA): Direct connections include Atlanta (ATL), Boston (BOS), Charlotte (CLT), Chicago (ORD), Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW), Detroit (DTW), Fort Lauderdale (FLL), Houston (IAH), Las Vegas (LAS), Los Angeles (LAX), Miami (MIA), New York (JFK), Newark (EWR), Orlando (MCO), Philadelphia (PHL), San Francisco (SFO), San Juan (SJU), Washington, DC (IAD)